Tuesday, December 16, 2008

True Blood


During my past 10-hours (total) spent on a plane this weekend, I picked up the Sookie Stackhouse book series by Charlaine Harri...the basis for HBO's cult show "True Blood". While the overall critical reception of True Blood has been generally favorable, initial impressions were mixed, ranging from overwhelmingly positive to very negative. Many critics have praised the show for its originality, storytelling and aesthetics; others have criticized it for being "muddled" and resorting to stereotypes in its characterizations.

Ratings for the series have steadily increased since its debut. Currently, True Blood is set to become HBO's third most-watched series behind previous hits The Sopranos and Sex and the City And I can see why, I've only seen two episodes of the show (I don't have HBO) but I'm dying to see the others....if anyone has HBO on demand can they please invite me over? It's not out on DVD until April!!! and I can't find it on Itunes or Netflix or anywhere!!! Help!